Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Having The Right Perspective

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ." (Philippians 4:6-7) 

When the "service engine soon" light comes on in your car, what is your response? For me, I become anxious.
I cannot wait to take the car to the mechanic, and see what the problem is. I have a tendency to think the worst. And not only that, I have a tendency to affect others with my anxieity. I become irritable, and short tempered. I am not the easiest person to be around. The question that keeps rolling around in my mind is: If it is a serious thing, what am I going to do? I lose the right perspective on this issue.

In our text, the Apostle Paul has the answer: Because we are in Christ, and He is taking care of us, we don't need to be anxious for anything. Yes, you may bring the need to God, and let Him have it. But keep in mind that in God's way, and in His time, everything will work out.
Let that peace, that is beyond our comprehension, guard our hearts from anxiety, frustration, and despair.

Instead of placing the focus on us, we need to keep our focus on how we can be a blessing to others, on behalf of Christ. If God has been faithful in the past, to help us through tough times, what makes us think, He will not be faithful again?

It is an easy thing to think the worst. And Satan knows that we struggle with such a thing. We need to always pray, and surrender every thing to God, and patiently wait, and see our awesome God go to work for us! GP

 NDE / 45 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use - No attribution required - www.pixabay.com