Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Our Journey With Jesus

"And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?" (Luke 24:32) 

I remember growing up, we had a large picture of our Lord Jesus Christ, with the disciples on the Emmaus Road. When I would look at that picture, I would wonder, what it would have been like to have been traveling with the Lord on that day?

 My question to us today is: As we walk with Jesus, in our Christian walk, do we feel as the disciples did, when they talked with Jesus,on the road, while He was sharing God's Word with them? Does the time we spend with Jesus, inspire our hearts, and cause us to feel, the warmth of His presence in our hearts?

Sadly the road that we travel these days, doesn't involve Jesus.
And why? Because we are so focused on our own personal, self-centered pursuits. We have time to do all the things we choose to do. All the things, we feel we need to do. But do we feel the need to allow Jesus to travel with us? Do we take that precious time to spend with Him?

I like what Luke says, when he shares, that the disciples didn't know who they had been traveling with, until their eyes were opened, and then they knew that it was Jesus. (v.31) There have been many times, when Jesus has revealed Himself to me. Through a Scripture, that I was thinking about, or a song that someone sang, or something that someone said, that revealed a wonderful truth from God's Word.
And many times through prayer, and through the experiences I have had in my Christian walk.

I pray that Jesus is traveling with you today. Let this wonderful guest, bless your life, as only He can, in your journey through this life. GP

 Photo - Michael Shannon - Freely Photos - Traveling On The Road - http://freelyphotos.com/travelling-on-a-the-road/