Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Teenage Christian Challenge

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance, for you serve the Lord Christ." (Colossians 3:23-24) 

Chris Hudson, who is a trainer & coach, specializing in helping adults connect with teenagers, shares how teenagers are looked at today: "...they are lazy kids who just want to sleep in, play computers games, surf the net, and hang out with their friends." 

I remember when I was a teenager, my father was determined to teach me the "work ethic." And work I did. But my father, and my grandfather, also encouraged me to see the importance of having Jesus Christ as my Savior, and that serving Him, was a very important endeavor. I believe that is why I have spend 41 years in pastoral ministry.

I believe that when you challenge teenagers to make a difference in the lives of others, they will do it. Yes, they are in a period of immaturity.
They can easily become like a river, and take the paths of least resistance. Just like we adults do at times.

But if we as parents, grandparents, and Christian leaders, can challenge them with the purpose of the Gospel, and help them to see how urgent, and necessary it is in the lives of the people around them, they will enthusiastically get involved.

Is it wrong to be prodded? No, as long as the prodding is seasoned with love, and a strong sense of purpose! There is no greater purpose, then to share the Gospel with lost people in this world. When our young people catch this purposeful flame in their hearts, watch out, because lives are going to be affected! GP

 Photo ID 2386665 © Redbaron | Dreamstime.com