Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

God Gives Hope

"God will help you overflow with hope in Him through the Holy Spirit's power within you." (Romans 15:13 TLB) 

 I want to share a devotion from Max Lucado's devotional book "Grace For The Moment" Volume II entitled: "God Gives Hope"

 "Heaven's hope does for your world what the sunlight did for my grandmother's cellar. I ow my love of peach preserves to her. She canned her own and stored them in an underground cellar near her West Texas house. It was a deep hole with wooden steps, plywood walls, and a musty smell. As a youngster I used to climb in, close the door, and see how long I could last in the darkness...I would sit silently, listening to my breath and heartbeats, until I couldn't take it anymore and then would race yo the stairs and throw open the door. Light would avalanche into the cellar. What a change! Moments before I couldn't see anything--all of a sudden I could see everything. Just as light poured into the cellar, God's hope pours into your world. Upon the sick, He shines the ray of healing. To the bereaved, He gives the promise of reunion.
To the confused, He offers the light of Scripture."

 GP Today if you feel like you are in a cellar of distress and despair, realize today, that in the Lord Jesus Christ, you have hope. In no other one can we find, and keep the hope that He provides...today, and forever! GP

 Photo ID 4337379 © Clearviewstock | Dreamstime.com