Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Never Alone

"God is our refuge and strength, and very present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

 We have heard this advice before; "that we should never run away from our problems, but face them head on." We should never stick our heads in the sand, but stand confidently before our mountain of trouble.

I don't know about you, but I am aware of my personal limitations. And even though I agree that one should never run away from their problems, I am glad that I have an awesome God, who stands beside me, as I stand before my mountain of trouble.

To act like I am superman, and try to conquer my mountain of trouble, all by myself, is a huge delusion. Our text tells us, of what God wants to be for us.
He wants to be our refuge, and strength. He wants us to come to Him, with all our troubles, no matter if they are big, or small.

Our text tells us that God is a very present help. In other words, He will always be there with us. For reasons we may not understand, God will not always take us out of the trial, or lessen it. But the promise is; He will always be with us, and see us through our trouble. I am thankful for that precious gift. If there is ever a time when we feel alone, it is when trouble arrives.
Thank God, were not! GP

Photo ID 207707 © Carsten Erler | Dreamstime.com