Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Developing Faith

"On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side." (Mark 4:35) 

From today's Our Daily Bread devotion (5/24/2016) comes this story: "A comfortable plane ride was about to get bumpy. The voice of the captain interrupted in-flight beverage service and asked passengers to make sure their seat-belts were fastened. Soon the plane began to roll and pitch like a ship on a wind-whipped ocean . While the rest of the passengers were doing their best to deal with the turbulence, a little girl sat through it all reading her book. After the plane landed, she was asked why she had been able to be so calm. She responded, "My daddy is the pilot and he's taking me home." (ODB 5/24/2016 Radio Bible Class)

 In time of turbulence in our lives, do we have this kind of faith? I know myself, I am a worrier, and I do get discouraged easy, and stay discouraged for a long period of time. It seems that to develop a child-like faith, is a very difficult thing to do. To have that feeling of dependence, that I had when I was a small child, would be so wonderful to have today.

 The key is having Jesus in our boat, when we (like the disciples) face those raging storms in our lives. Without Him in my life, I couldn't get through this life. Even though it is tough for me to have faith, He helps me to have it, when I stay in His Word, and spend a lot of time in prayer.

The line of the songs that says, "Don't worry, be happy!" With Jesus, we can! GP

 Photo - Pezibear/5126 images - CCO Public Domain - Free for commercial use -No attribution required. www.pixabay.com