Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Love Them While You Can

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." (Exodus 20:12)

 I remember hearing a song recorded by Don Todd entitled: "Love Them While You Can"
 It makes me sad when I think about my father, and how much I miss him now. He has gone home to be with the Lord.
We spent a lot of time working together on the old farm. We had our ups and downs, as in any parent-child relationship. Looking back, I wish that in the later days, that we had spent more time together.

We don't have our parents with us for very long. We need to make the most of the time that we have with them. Second to our relationship with the Lord, is our relationship with out parents. I talk to my mother occasionally, but I know that I should do better than that. Being too busy, or too occupied with other things, is not a good excuse. And we will regret it later in life, that we didn't take advantage of precious time with them.

If you have a strained relationship with your parents, strive to work things out. They are not perfect, and neither are we. God will bless our time together, now and for all eternity.

Yes, we need to.... Love them, while we can! GP

Photo of my family- Patrick & Joy Patterson ©