Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Staying Connected

"I am the Vine, you are the branches. 
He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me, you can do nothing." (John 15:5) 

Do we look at ourselves as being self-sufficient, or dependent? When it comes to our Christian life and service, we are to be dependent upon the resources given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ.

The enemy would like for us to think that we don't need anyone but ourselves. But why did we become a Christian, if we feel that way? There are many professing Christians who still feel that they belong to themselves, and that they can do whatever they choose.

The Christian life is a life of total submission, to the authority, and provision of our Lord.
The Apostle Paul said it well in Galatians 2:20: "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." 

To bear fruit for the Lord in our life, and ministry, we must stay attached to the Vine (Jesus Christ). We do not belong to ourselves, but to Him. I would not want it any other way. I am glad that I have the Lord, calling the shots, and providing what is best for me, and working through me, to make a difference in the lives of others.

It's called "staying connected" Are we? GP

Photo by satit_srihin. Published on 14 March 2013 Stock photo - Image ID: 100146926