Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, February 15, 2016

What About Character?

"The ninth Republican presidential debate was in many ways the nastiest of the campaign, complete with raised voices, name calling, and criticism of family members Saturday night in South Carolina." (Sean Sullivan of the Washington Post)

 I have been watching the the presidential debates, and after seeing all of the mudslinging, I have to ask the question: What does this say about good character?

For those candidates who have been bashing each other, I ask, do I want you to represent me as president? If you act this way in public, how do you act in private? They will say, "well, that's politics!" But I say, when you leave a negative impression such as this, it sticks in the minds of the viewers.

But it doesn't matter what I think, but it does matter what the Lord Thinks. The Lord spoke through the Apostle Paul when he said: "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." (Ephesians 4:29) 
I ask you, presidential candidates, is this what you are doing? I would rather have a candidate that attacks the issues, not the other candidates. To me that is demonstrating good character! GP

 Photo ID 47468791 © Marynabolsunova | Dreamstime.com