Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Two Mother's Day Songs

I Heard My Mother Praying For Me
By Audry Williams 

Last night as I lay down to sleep
I heard someone began to weep
Then I got up just to see
I heard my mother praying for me

She was kneeling by her bed
And tears of pain were being shed
She said, "Dear God, please hear my plea"
I heard my mother praying for me

I got my Bible and sat down
And in the Holy Book I found
The way to end this misery
Thank God, my mother prayed for me

I read it on into the night
And soon began to see the light
And now at last my soul is free
Thank God, my mother prayed for me


Flowers For Mama
Writers: Eddie Noack, Cindy Walker, Al Rumley
Recorded By George Jones

Papa brought flowers for mama today
And all the grown children, but it's not mother's day
I don't have no money, not even a dime
But I brought mama flowers like I have all the time.
Everyday I pick flowers from this pretty hill
A small box of Daisies and a few Daffodils
I bring them to mama at the end of the day
And say flowers for mama, here's mama's bouquet.
They brighten her face and she holds me close
She'd say they are more precious than a beautiful rose
And she wore a smile sweeter than millions of flowers
A smile that I'll carry through life's darkest hours.
Spoken:
Now mama was lying there, yes, they tell me she passed away
And she was surrounded by flowers that out-shined my bouquet
I know mine aren't fancy but still all the while
They were placed in her hand and I know I saw mama smile.
Sang:
Flowers for mama I picked them today
Not very much, just a simple bouquet
Mom wasn't so fancy but up there above
She's the prettiest flower in God's garden of love.