Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Looking Like Jesus!

I have started a sermon series entitled: "Looking Like Jesus" The Scripture we will look at for this series is: Message one (Matthew 12:33-37) Honoring God With Our Speech. Message Two (Hebrews 13:1-8) Honoring God In Our Relationships. Message Three (1 Corinthians 6:6-20 Honoring God With Our Body. Message Four (2 Timothy 2:1-13) Honoring God As A Good Christian Soldier
John writes in 1 John 2:6 "He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." With all that is available to us which can contribute to our living and acting the way  we want to, it becomes a strong challenge to walk the way that Jesus walked. To do the things that Jesus would have us to do. But what must be at the core of our submission, and obedience, is a desire to be like Jesus. A desire to do those things that He instructs us in His Word. Without that core desire, we will be vulnerable to every passing temptation that comes our way. We will make decisions that will lead us down a path of disappointment and despair. When I sit down at a department store and watch people walk by. for the most part, I do not see happy faces, fulfilled faces. I see faces that express, worry, concern, anger, frustration. Although as Christians, we will be called to suffer for Jesus, I would rather suffer for Him, knowing that I was in His will, striving to be like Him, than trying to be all that the world wants me to be, and to do. In the face of temptations and trials, I will have a smile on my face, because I know the one who I am trying to be like, will have my back every time. Will the world do that?
Picture By Living Waters Chapel  http://www.lwcag-gh.org/index.php?page=pathway&sec=grow