Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Giving Jesus A Chance

Mark 5:21-43
This ruler of the Synagogue named Jairus, came to a point in his life, when he needed help outside of his Jewish community. His daughter was dying, and there was no one who could help, except this man named Jesus, who had healed people before. Should he put aside his prejudices, and pride, to allow such a one to touch his daughter. Well that is exactly what he did: "And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet and begged Him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live.” (vv.22-23)  Can we place ourselves in the shoes of this ruler of the synagogue, who was surrounded by people who had doubts concerning Jesus of Nazareth? Have we not had our doubts about Jesus? Especially when we go through trials. Will He see me through this difficult experience? Is He all that He said He would be? Can I trust Him with my life? My soul? We today are still surrounded by doubt and speculation. The scoffers and the mockers are still around shouting their views. When I look in the rear-view-mirror of my life, I have seen the faithfulness of the Lord. I have seen Him lift me up, and say "arise, and face a new day!" "Arise and embrace peace and hope!" My deliverance has not always been in the way that I thought, nor in the time that I thought. But God has always been faithful. It is time for our society to give our Lord Jesus a chance to show His ability to change lives. To be the deliverer that He promises to be.
If we are to ever find the blessings that God wants us to have, we must put aside our prejudices, our pride, and doubt, and place ourselves in the wonderful care of our Lord Jesus. To say: "It doesn't matter how, or when, we are "being still, and recognizing that He is God." (Psalm 46:10) GP