Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Friday, August 1, 2014

Will You Allow Jesus Into Your Boat?

Luke 5:1-11
I didn't know what I was getting into, when I said that I would go ice fishing on the back waters of the Mississippi river. I went with two men from the church I was serving in Minnesota. It was a great experience. I was glad that I went. It was the first time I pulled up a three pound northern Pike, out of the icy waters, tail first. I can imagine how Peter, Andrew, James and John felt when they achieved this huge catch of fish. It was so huge, that their net was breaking. They had been fishing all night, and didn't catch anything. They were tired and worn out from trying for hours, and then Jesus tells Peter to Launch out into the deep. Peter is hesitant at first, but then concedes. "And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking."(Luke 5:6)
When I read this, a question came to my mind; How can Jesus make a difference in our lives? We will only see, when we allow Him to get into our boat (our life) and direct our journey. It will happen when we put Him first, and totally trust Him with every aspect of our lives. The disciples had been fishing on their own, and caught nothing. Jesus gets into their boat, and they get the biggest catch of fish, they have ever seen. Peter is so gripped with emotion over this, that he falls down on his knees and says to Jesus; "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!"(Luke 5:8) Peter felt so unworthy to be in the presence of Jesus. The fisherman's pride was cut, and he was so ashamed to not have trusted Jesus in this event. It is time for us to humble ourselves, and allow Jesus to get into our boat, to take us to where He wants us to be. He will make the difference, if only we will give Him the chance. GP