Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

KNOWING GOD

"...And even the very hairs on your head are all numbered"
(Matthew 10:30)
How well does my Heavenly Father know me? According
to Matthew 10:30, He knows you and I, very well.
To know each person on the face of the earth this intimately,
is beyond comprehension. David said in Psalm 139:1
"O Lord, you have searched me, and you know me."
It is clear that God knows all about us, but the question is,
how well do we know Him? I can say that at various times,
I have come to know God's love, and direction for my life.
But so much of the time, it was after a struggle on my part,
to find my own answers, and accomplish my own goals.
When I would come up short, that's when I felt I needed,
to seek God, and His Word for my life. And God, in His time,
and in His way, would always, lovingly and faithfully, come through.
Why do we treat God this way? I believe the answer is, selfishness.
Satan would have us question, the value of knowing God, and what
He can do for us. And that's just what we do. We place more
confidence in ourselves, than we do in God.
But in so doing, how many times have we been disappointed.
You have heard this said about people at different times:
"To know him, is to love him."
When you really get to know God, you will learn to love Him,
more than life itself. We need to do as David says in Psalm 34:8
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who
takes refuge in Him." (GP)