Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!

Welcome To The Christian Journeyman!
A CHRISTIAN TEACHING AND RESOURCE MINISTRY!

Thursday, June 4, 2015

ALL THINGS?

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful; All things are lawful for me, but all things do not edify." 
(1 Corinthians 10:23) It is an on-going experience; the constant indulgence of worldly goods, and the reaping of severe disappointment. When will I learn? When will I exercise strong discipline, and develop a continual appetite, for that which is always helpful, and edifying, to my body, and spirit? Physically eating the wrong food, is only a small part of this dilemma. It involves all that we see, read, hear, and touch. And all of this, is powerful motivation for our actions. These words of the Apostle Paul, relate very well to us, who live in America. We have an enormous amount of worldly goods to feed the mind and body. But a lot of what looks, feels, and tastes good, is far from being good for us. I remember when I was a child, my parents placed restrictions on me, because they knew that as a child, I would not exercise proper judgment. Our heavenly Father tells us in His Word, what His restrictions are for us. He knows that by ourselves, we will not use proper judgment. How many times have we asked ourselves; When will we learn? When will we choose the right things, instead of giving in to our flesh. I believe it will be, when we, like the Prodigal Son,
end up like the pigs, and realize that with God's restrictions,we could do so much better. (GP)
Photo by Stuart Miles. Published on 01 November 2013 www.freedigitalphotos.net